Research Database

Harnessing Big Data

Today, almost all cancer treatment insights come from a tiny subset of clinical trial patients. In the United States, 1.7 million people are diagnosed with cancer each year, but only 3% enroll in clinical trials. To improve care for every patient, the research and practice communities need insights from the other 97% of people receiving cancer care.

CancerLinQ® Discovery™ enables the oncology community—academic researchers, industry, government, and other medical societies—to translate big data from CancerLinQ®’s pool of de-identified data from an ever growing number of patients into real world insights to drive research that can improve the overall cancer care.

With CancerLinQ® Discovery™, we are able to expand the information network to anyone in the cancer community-not only healthcare providers and research institutions, but also life sciences companies, government agencies and individual researchers.
– Dr. Robert Miller, Medical Director, CancerLinQ®

How to Request Data

Anyone in the cancer community – healthcare providers, research institutions, life sciences companies, government agencies and individual researchers – will be able to submit data requests.

The CancerLinQ® Discovery™ data access request process involves completing the CancerLinQ® Discovery™ Data Request Application and Data Request Form. Once the forms are complete and submitted, an initial screening of the application will commence and then a high-level review of data availability, quality, and sufficiency will be performed. The CancerLinQ® Discovery™ Research & Publications Committee must review and approve all requests before data access is granted. The anticipated time for the process is 6-8 weeks.

A Community that Learns Together

CancerLinQ® Discovery™ is building a community that learns together and shares insights to improve patient care and outcomes. In building this community, CancerLinQ® will seek the partnership of key stakeholders to work toward a shared mission of a rapid learning system that improves the quality of patient care. We expect that these partnerships will provide vital input on CancerLinQ® Discovery™’s design and usability, to ensure that it helps meet the needs of the cancer community. Founding Enterprise Partner AstraZeneca is the first industry strategic partner to join in the mission of CancerLinQ® Discovery™ and will gather insights on specific cancer care questions and provide critical input to maximize CancerLinQ® Discovery™’s utility and usability. In addition, CancerLinQ® is pursuing collaborations with government agencies, including the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, medical specialty societies, and additional life sciences companies.

CancerLinQ® Discovery™ Data Access Toolkit

The CancerLinQ® Discovery™ Research & Publications Committee – the body charged with reviewing and approving research requests – is accepting requests for data.

Requests for CancerLinQ® Discovery™ data may include:

  • Custom analytic reports prepared by the CancerLinQ® Discovery™ team.
  • Controlled, cloud-based access to curated, aggregated, de-identified data on specific diseases or patient populations.

For more information about requesting data from CancerLinQ® Discovery™, please download our CancerLinQ® Discovery™ Data Access Toolkit. The toolkit includes information about the following:

  • Data Request Form Instructions
  • Data Request Form
  • Data Dictionary
  • CancerLinQ® Discovery™ Policies
  • FAQs